Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Zed's Dead, Baby

Let's call him "Stan" for safety sake. He's a "guy" I work with. He has hated me from, pretty much, the moment I walked through the door. Still not completely sure what I did, other than be female, which has been a rather large problem in my office in general, but that'll come clear over time.
Most Mondays we have an office meeting where we talk about all the projects going on. It's dull, to put it politely, and rather long. To get through it, and to let out enough steam to get me through the week, I began killing "Stan" in fun ways. Sadly, much of those drawings have been lost. Eventually the drawings morphed to be more realistic as "Stan", it turns out, is a rather comical figure. The things he says and situations he places himself hardly seem real, but I assure you, they are. I've been at this place for about 4.5 years now and so have accumulated a fair number of sketches. I started making a strong effort to preserve them when other people in the office started telling me they were appreciated.

"Stan" also seems to have some form of narcolepsy, only it's not actually narcolepsy, he just falls asleep. We did some research and think it has to do with the fact that when he sits he restricts oxygen from his brain and passes out, but we can't be sure. Either way, he does it all the time, and sometimes the accompanied snores can't be ignored!












 After returning from a 2 week vacation from the location he plans to retire to, "Stan" said this lovely quote in response to the office manager listing off who would be gone when over the next month.


I have more that I'll post eventually. People seem to enjoy them. (By the way, I swear that's what he looks like...)

No comments:

Post a Comment