Tuesday, August 9, 2011

In the beginning...

Blog. Such an odd word... how does one start one of these things? When I was little and I was starting a new Diary, or Journal, rather, because I was cool and diaries were for babies, I would do something like this:

Hi, my name is Chelsea Ree Barton King.
I'm 29 years old.
I live in North Hollywood, CA.
My favorite color is olive green, or maybe maroon or mustard... or blue, I like blue a lot.
My favorite dessert is Creme Brulee (note to self, must learn how to make an accent on my computer...)
My favorite TV show, currently, is Doctor Who.
My favorite band is Guster.
I have the biggest crush on...

Dammit, that one doesn't seem to apply anymore. For some reason that makes me really sad. I mean, I could say Neil Gaiman, but he went back to Scientology and got all douchey and his writing kind of sucks now, David Duchovny is a jerk... Nathan Fillion, David Tennent or Matt Smith? Yah, I love them... but it doesn't feel the same - cut to me making an ass out of myself in front of any one of them, most likely Nathan Fillion, I tend to do that a lot. NATHAN FILLION! I feel better now :)

Right now I'm making Roasted Pepper Soup because I am being responsible and using up all the veggies I bought 2 weeks ago with wonderful intent, then left in my fridge with a bowl of 6-month old, fuzzy red J-ello... and beer. I haven't looked at anything but the peppers yet. I'm hoping the rest of the veggies didn't get fuzzy too, that would be sad. But the main reason is because I can tell Brian Krackow is about to UN-invite Delia to the dance and I can't handle the awkwardness. They're standing in front of the fast food burger place where she works. I kept yelling at the screen, so I thought it best to step away. I didn't watch My So-Called Life when it was on the air because I was paid a dollar a day to NOT watch TV and the 1 hour per week respite I was offered was saved for The X-Files, of course.

I like this show, but it's taking me a very long time to get through each episode because I keep pausing it at the awkward parts and squirming and finding excuses to do other things, like go the bathroom, make soup or start a blog. How the hell did I ever sit still and watch TV as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment